Do you enjoy understanding the inner workings of technology and maintaining robust and efficient systems? Do you want to be challenged, leverage a ton of skills, and be on the cutting edge of economic justice work? Do you have a good laugh, brainstorm a lot, get frustrated sometimes but inspired frequently, and be on the right side of history?
MAF is looking for a System Administrator to join the MAF Lab, our R&D team. As the System Administrator, your primary responsibility will be to use your thorough understanding of the inner workings of our technology to ensure the performance, data integrity, and security of our systems, particularly Salesforce.
Our story: Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is a groundbreaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. We’re a recognized national leader in developing innovative and successful asset-building strategies. A hybrid between a tech start-up and a nonprofit, MAF is a great place to work for both nonprofit or for-profit professionals who are interested in tech for social good.
As MAF grows, we need a passionate System Administrator who can work with our team to keep MAF on the cutting edge of technology. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants not just a job, but also an opportunity to build the financial power in low-income and immigrant communities and be part of a community and culture that is committed to social good.
An awesome place to work: We’re right in the Mission District in San Francisco. It’s awesome here, with diverse restaurants, bars, and shops. We’ve got great team outings (fighting zombies, putt-putt and bowling to name a few). And the team is ridiculously dedicated to the mission and fun to work with. As a nonprofit and tech startup, we attract people who like to jump in with both feet and who aren’t afraid of learning how to do better. With an open office environment, collaboration and teamwork are more than just values - they’re a way of life. Hailing from many different cultural and professional backgrounds, we are drawn together by a passion for embracing technology and creativity to make the world a better place for hardworking families.
Reports to: Data and Research Manager
The Opportunity: We are seeking a full-time System Administrator to maintain our Salesforce instance and other technology systems to ensure that they are meeting performance expectations.
Desired skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a STEM discipline OR equivalent experience.
- You have 1-2 years of experience with data warehousing, database management, data integrity, and/or large-scale data cleaning.
- You are skilled (intermediate level or higher) at using tools like SQL, Excel, R, etc. to manipulate and clean data.
- You have experience with working on multiple projects and with small teams without compromising results.
- You have good judgement about when to escalate problems to leadership and when to carry out solutions on your own.
- You have exceptional communication and customer service skills and a passion to provide “WOW” experiences with users of our systems, including communicating clearly about technical details to non-technical staff.
- You have a great sense of humor, healthy interpersonal skills, and an unflinching positive attitude.
In this role, you will ensure the performance of Salesforce system by being able to:
- Be the go-to expert in our Salesforce instance and how it powers our business operations and financial products.
- Maintain high data quality, and conduct regular reviews of the data in our system.
- Develop a working knowledge of MAF’s security policies and business processes, and help conduct regular, thorough testing to ensure our system meets these standards.
- Manage level of access to the system by configuring users, profiles, permissions, and controls.
- Document and maintain the system architecture, including objects, fields, workflow rules, approvals, and email templates.
In this role, you will provide technical support by being able to:
- Respond promptly to cases raised by users (internal staff, B2B, and B2C) and provide excellence in customer service to these end users.
- Work with MAF’s remote Engineering Team and third-party vendors to resolve any bugs or usability issues that arise while minimizing risk to the system.
- Collaborate with other teams to respond to new use cases and develop and implement new procedures in the systems.
In this role, you will oversee other technical systems by being able to:
- Manage relationships with engineering teams and software vendors to facilitate contract negotiations, renewal process, and communicate our use cases.
- Maintain and configure the 30+ technology platforms we leverage, many of which are integrated into Salesforce; identify new integrations when needed; and manage testing and release of technology upgrades.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with an anticipated salary range of $70,000-$75,000.
- We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with this value.
- We provide 20 days of Paid Time Off (160 hours)/year accrued for the first two years of full-time employment, and 13 paid holidays.
- We provide generous medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending account, and AD&D insurance.
- We care about your financial future. We provide a matching 401K plan that is immediately vested. We will match up to 4% of your compensation/year.
- Commuter benefits & flexible savings accounts: pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for expenses like healthcare or commuter expenses like parking, vanpool, public transit—including train, subway, bus, and ferry.
Our Hiring Process and Timeline:
- We will read your cover letter first; it’s important for us to understand whether this is the right fit for you. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job, what you like about MAF, and share examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate.
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in mid-June.
- We will begin in-person one-hour interviews in July. If you are invited for an in-person interview, we will ask for a skills assessment relevant to this position.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible - ideally in early August.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Mission Asset Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mission Asset Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Deadline: Applications are processed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
- No phone calls or emails.
- Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.