Salesforce Solutions Developer/Sr
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News and World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The World's First Business School
In 1881, American entrepreneur and industrialist Joseph Wharton established the world's first collegiate school of business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Wharton's pioneering vision was to produce graduates who would become 'pillars of the state, whether in private or in public life.' The Wharton School maintains a long tradition of educating visionary business leaders in academia, business, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
Today, Wharton has expanded the scope of this vision to become the most comprehensive source of business knowledge in the world - with over 225 faculty members, 95,000 alumni, 5,000 students across 10 academic departments, 20 research centers, and more than 9,000 executive education participants annually. https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/
Wharton Computing staff enjoy a collaborative and supportive workplace that fosters personal and professional development. We encourage all who value an inclusive and positive environment to apply for this position.
The graduate and undergraduate programs at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania are consistently regarded as among the best in the world. The administrators and staff rely on customized technological solutions to achieve their goals. The Solutions Developer role exists at the intersection of application development, data management, business analysis, and application integration. You will spend about 75% of your time writing custom code and/or implementing open-source code, working with data, handling third-party software solutions, and related tasks. The primary role of this position is to provide student and administrative solutions on top of our salesforce implementation. The other 25% of the time you will interface directly with school administrators and IT colleagues to analyze and design solutions.
Solutions Developer Jr. (Grade B) Duties:
* As a salesforce focused solutions developer you will aid in the custom application development, administration, reporting, and data integration of new and existing solutions for our students and administrative departments using Salesforce as a solution platform.
* You will focus on developing and improving our student facing salesforce community (MyWharton). This will involve development of new features and maintenance and upgrades of existing features. You will gain experience with salesforce declarative development, apex and lightning component development, and salesforce data integrations.
* You will work with your IT colleagues and administrative staff to understand needs/initiatives/goals and discuss and plan solutions.
* You will provide normal business hours and occasional off-hours application support for the applications/solutions for which you are knowledgeable.
Solutions Developer Sr. (Grade D) Duties:
* In addition to the duties described for the junior position you will develop and champion standard methodologies around Salesforce development and release management at the School.
* You will explore strategic new salesforce technologies that would aid the mission of the School.
* You will participate in collaborative working groups both within Wharton and across the University.
Solutions Developer Jr. (Grade B) Qualifications:
* A Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year relevant work experience required in salesforce administration and development.
* Confirmed knowledge of lightning component development and apex coding.
* Familiarity with SQL/SOQL required.
* Experience with modern web application development technologies and methodologies required.
* Confirmed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Positive outlook and ability to work well individually and collaboratively.
* Salesforce certification preferred but not required.
Solutions Developer Sr. (Grade D) Qualifications:
* Everything above.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required in salesforce administration and development.
* Advanced knowledge of all aspects of Salesforce administration and development.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively within tight turnaround schedules required.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
For more information and to apply, visit: