Brickschain is creating the technology to break down the data silos entrenched in construction, infrastructure, and real estate. We are giving society better tools to improve how, why, for whom we build. Our clients are among the largest builders in the world; they’ve built the infrastructure you drive on, they’ve designed the cities you live in, and they are hungry for better and smarter data.
To solve these problems, we are looking for a Lightning and Salesforce.com Engineer to design, develop, maintain, enhance, test and implement solutions on the Force.com Platform to meet business needs. This engineer is self-directed and responsible for all aspects of the agile development process for medium to large complex projects.
As an engineer for the Lightning and Salesforce.com platforms, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Determining business and technology requirements to deliver exceptional programs, features, modules, and small projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Generate design and development plans that deliver elegant solutions for the business.
- Interact and effectively communicate with business partners and Brickschain team
- Participate in all phases of Force.com development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
- Work in the force.com development environment which includes custom objects, workflows, validation rules, triggers, the Force.com IDE, SOSL, SOQL and web services
- Use declarative development tools such as workflow rules and field updates, escalation and assignment rules, approval processes and process build
- Develop, enhance and maintain custom applications on the Force.com platform
- Responsible for Apex development and test coverage
- Audit, identify and resolve data integrity issues and data migration using tools such as duplication management, DemandTools and the Force.com DataLoader
- Integrate Force.com with other systems including web services and appexchange
- Apply best practices and design patterns on the Force.com platform
- Administer, customize and configure Salesforce features including, but not limited to Security, Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Users, Page Layouts, Record Types, Workflows, Reports and Dashboards, Approvals, Object Relationships, Fields, Validation rules, Custom apps, etc.
- Use Force.com Dataloader, DemandTools or equivalent data management tools to audit, identify and resolve data integrity issues
- Create packages and deploy changes via SCM tool set/or Change sets
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and at least 3 years of Force.com development
- Excellent analytical, organization, communication, and problem solving skills
- Experience in:
- Designing, programming, and implementing large information systems
- Agile Development/Scrum Methodology
- Visualforce and Apex development
- Salesforce.com SOAP and REST APIs, Bulk API and Metadata API
- Knowledgeable in:
- Standard functions of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing, Collaboration and Community Clouds
- Developing Apex classes, Triggers, Visualforce pages, and Force.com API integration
- Proficiency in:
- Declarative development tools such as workflow rules and field updates, approval processes, escalation and assignment rules, process builder and visual flow
- Developing Force.com Visualforce pages, integrating managed packages, other third party solutions
- Understanding of SFDC MVC architecture
Perks and Benefits
- Market-competitive salary
- Based in Santa Barbara, CA
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.